The Leader in Me Program
Today’s leaders and educators recognize that knowledge and skills in reading, writing and arithmetic are not enough. True learning transcends the traditional. What if our children could be better prepared to meet the future challenges of our ever-changing world? NOW THEY CAN.
The Leader in Me is a school transformation process that:
Eastlake Elementary is a Leader in Me School!
- teaches students personal leadership and 21st century life skills, such as goal setting, time management, teamwork, problem solving, respecting diversity and life balance
- develops the “whole child” and sees each child as having unique gifts
- is founded on the 7 Habits of Highly effective People and other proven leadership principles and tools
- creates a sustainable, safe- and friendly-school culture
- provides world-class professional development for teachers and administrators
- increases parents’ approval and involvement
- is implemented in a way that teachers do not see it as “one more thing” but as a better way of doing what they were already doing
- leads to measurable results, including improved academic achievement, reduced discipline problems and greater self-confidence in students